The questions about mattresses you were afraid to ask
The firmness of a mattress should be chosen based on your weight, size, and preferences. It is determined by the soul (or technology) of the mattress: latex, foam or springs. The latex has a high density (average 75 kg / m3) and fits the spine for a good rest. The foam guarantees satisfactory comfort provided that its density reaches at least 30 to 40 kg / m3. It is suitable for people who prefer a firm or extra-firm bed. Avoid too fine products (less than 10 cm) because they wear out too quickly. Click here for Farmhouse Bedding.
Springs: There are three main types
– The biconical springs are suitable for people who are heavy or who move a lot during their sleep.
– Pocket springs improve the support of your body by the number of springs and the number of points of contact.
– Continuous wire springs ensure proper ventilation of the mattress and independence of sleeping (the movements of your partner will not disturb you during the night).
Visit this site for Farmhouse Bedding.
Home and support of the mattress
The comfort and quality of the mattress are based on two elements.
– The reception, that is to say, the first sensation that you feel while lying on the bed. The thicker the layer of lining, the softer the mattress. The flexibility of the reception also depends on the nature of the surface filling: wool, cotton, silk, foam.
– The support corresponds to the degree of firmness of the bed and ensures the maintenance of the spine, according to your morphology. The heavier the sleeper, the firmer the mattress must be. Conversely, a light person should favor a mid-firm comfort because a mattress too hard will not hold all parts of his body properly.
To sleep well, prefer a mattress with a soft welcome and firm support. If the mattress is too hard, alignment of the spine is not assured, and pressure points may appear at the shoulders and pelvis. These can alter the flow of blood and promote the development of tingling. The mattress too soft, meanwhile, does not support enough body and hinders changes of position during sleep.
Know to combine bed and mattress
The bed frame acts as a shock absorber. If the mattress supports two-thirds of the effort imposed on the bedding by the weight and movements of the sleeper, the bed frame receives the remaining third. It must be firm and perfectly flat to support the mattress. The mattress extends the life of the mattress, promotes its proper ventilation and therefore the hygiene of the bedding. Attention: the conservation of an old bed frame under a new mattress can lead to faster degradation of the latter. So, you have to buy and change these two elements at the same time.
The bed base is the base of the back support. Support should be firmer to the shoulders, chest, pelvis, and buttocks; more flexible at the head and lumber.
Which length? What width?
Your size determines the length of bedding to choose: it must be greater than your height by about 20 cm (opt for 200 cm if you measure more than 1.75 m).
Your body size defines the minimum width of your bedding (140, 160 or 180 cm). It is ideal for a couple is to choose a wide model (at least 160 x 200 cm, or 180 x 200 cm) for greater freedom of movement and comfort.